Baden Memorial Library Job Opportunity
POSITION: Part-time Library Associate
- High School Diploma
- Experience working with children and the public is required
- Knowledgeable about books
- Experience working in a library is desirable.
- Computer literacy, with experience using Microsoft Word.
- Child Abuse History Clearance
SAMPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide quality customer service to the public.
- Use the Library computer system to check library materials in and out, place and fill holds, and register borrowers.
- Shelve, file, and retrieve library materials.
- Cooperate as a team member with other staff; assist the Children’s Librarian as assigned
- Community Outreach
- Prepare Children's Library fliers and posters, handle correspondence and compile statistics.
- Represent the Library at community events.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must demonstrate:
- Ability to work cheerfully with the public and provide excellent customer service.
- Patience in dealing with the public of all ages
- Ability to work evenings and week-ends.
- Ability to think and work independently.
- Ability to adapt easily to a quickly changing environment.
- Ability to answer the telephone, direct calls and take accurate messages.
- Ability to stand and/or sit at a computer workstation for extended periods of time.
- Ability to bend and stoop to reach bottom shelves
- Ability to stand on a step stool to reach tall shelves.
- Ability to lift and carry 15 to 20 pounds and move a heavily loaded book cart.
Wage rate is $8/hour.
The schedule will be 15/20 hours/week:
Morning and evening hours with alternating Saturdays.
To apply, please e-mail resume to to Bernie McKean, Library Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org