Available Employment at Beaver County Libraries
Laughlin Memorial Library Positions
Library Director - Rochester Public Library
Under direction from the Library Board of Trustees, develops, administers, supervises and coordinates the work of the Library and staff, performs managerial duties related to personnel, budget, collection development, building maintenance, grant writing, Library operations and services in conformity of the policies established by the Board of Trustees.
Hourly rate depending oupon experience. 20-28 hours per week.
At least 2 academic years of college education and completed or willing to complete 9 credit hours of Library Sceience courses. Prior experience in a library setting. PA state clearance and references are mandatory.
Please send cover letter, resume and 3 professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Library Director - Carnegie Free Library of Midland
The Carnegie Free Library of Midland PA seeks a part-time Library Director, 30-32 hours per week, to manage daily operations of the library. This includes evenings and Saturdays. Minimum education required is two years college with Associate Degree plus 9 credit hours of Library Science courses. The 9 hours of Library Science courses can be completed online after hired. Please send resume to The Board of Directors at email@example.com or mail to Carnegie Free Library, 61 Ninth Street, Midland PA 15059 ATTN: President of Board of Trustees
PA Criminal Background Check, Child Abuse Clearance and FBI Criminal Background Check are required
LIBRARY CLERK JOB DESCRIPTION
CARNEGIE FREE LIBRARY OF MIDLAND
SUPERVISOR: Library Director
SHIFT/HOUR: Vary as needed/12 or more hours per week
PAY: $7.25 hour
The Library Clerk performs a variety of clerical, circulation, and support duties to the Library Director. This is a position that requires a flexible, community-oriented person and is performed under immediate supervision.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Receives incoming library materials, empties books drops, and discharges library materials
- Sorts library materials, organizes materials on carts to be shelved, and shelves materials
- Receives system delivery according to procedure
- Shelf reads and straightens materials on the shelves and in the collection while shelving
- Searches for library items, fulfills holds list, and routes materials to correct locations
- Performs circulation desk procedures; including patron services, registering patrons, collecting fines, placing material holds, and assisting patrons in database searching
- Answers directional and standard questions and refers specific reference questions to the Library Director as appropriate.
- Assists customers with mechanical operations of library equipment
- Assists Librarian with library programs and displays
- Immediately addresses and then informs lead person in building of witnessed behavior that is in violation of library policies or the law
- Adheres to policies and procedures established by the Library Board
- Performs light housekeeping
- Performs other work as assigned by the Library Director.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge and understanding of library operations, services, and materials
- Ability to work independently as well as a team player to maintain and foster cooperative and courteous working relationships with the public, peers, and supervisor
- Ability to follow detailed oral and written instructions and adhere to library policies
- Communicative skills: Effectively communicate ideas and information in both written and verbal form to library staff, library patrons, and community members
- Technical Skills: Independent ability to use a variety of office and library equipment, use library software and databases, aid library patrons as needed with public library equipment, manage computer technology, apply technical knowledge, interpret technical regulations and instructions, analyze information, and write reports
- Problem-solving skills: Ability to deal with abstract and concrete variables, identify problems and opportunities, utilize information and resources for decision-making purposes, effectively evaluate or make independent decisions based upon experience, knowledge or training, and refer problems to the Library Director when necessary.
- Planning, time management, and organizational skills: Ability to organize and prioritize work and respond to varied/changing work demands
- Willingness to maintain and improve skills in the above mentioned areas.
- Flexible work hours with regular evening and weekend hours.
- Demonstration of good character as determined through a background investigation.
- Ability to work in confined spaces
- Bending, twisting, and reaching
- Fingering: keyboarding, writing, filing, sorting, shelving, and processing
- Handling: processing, picking up and shelving books
- Lifting and carrying: 50 pounds or less
- Mobility: travel to meetings outside of the library
- Sitting, standing, walking, climbing and stooping
- Talking and hearing, use of the telephone
Beaver County Job Postings